Stopping a canal being used by BAT to launder images
The project started publicity from the beginning of September 2001. There were a few venues of public relation, i.e. newspapers, television, billboards along the site of the project, and event creation.
- Billboards installation along the site of the project : Ten 0.8 x 1.8 meter vinyl billboards were installed along the banks of the canal. Each had statement that “ Saen Saeb canal will be beautiful if everyone cooperates by not throwing thrash into it ” and logos of the project, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), British American Tobacco co. (BAT), and Nation Multimedia Group Plc. ( NATION).
- Television and radio spot announcement : Public announcements were made in radio FM 90.5 and UBC cable TV channel 8 throughout September 2001.
- Newspaper advertisement
- 4 September 2001 - Krungthep Turakit newspaper, p.22 “ Returning Life to Saen Saeb Canal is Returning Life to the People” in Thai.
- 9 September 2001 – Krungthep Turakit newspaper, p.10 – same content as above, in Thai.
- 8 September 2001 – THE NATION newspaper,p.9A- same content as above, in English.